Integration and Automation
To extend the functionality and versatility of your ServiceM8 platform, you may start considering integrations and automations.
- Integration: connecting two or more systems together
- Automation: getting one or more systems to automatically run tasks without intervention
You can do one or the other, or both together. It depends on what you are trying to achieve.
ServiceM8 already has some integrations and automations built right into it. Sending a job to be invoiced to an accounting platform, like Xero, is an integration. Sending a booking reminder SMS to a customer is an automation.
But what happens if an integration or automation is not already available?
WorkM8 Automation SaaS
We help businesses with integrations and automations that aren’t readily available in ServiceM8.
We call this our WorkM8 Automation SaaS (Software-as-a-Service). We have developed our own advanced Zapier and Pabbly Connect integrations for ServiceM8, and with them we connect ServiceM8 to other platforms. Some examples include:
- Convert a ServiceM8 job into a ClickUp project, and keep the project and ServiceM8 job linked together for updates.
- Automatically ingest a weekly or monthly CSV file into Airtable then create new ServiceM8 jobs.
- Whenever somebody makes (or changes) an appointment in SimplyMeet.me, create and assign a new ServiceM8 job and booking time, or update the booking time for the existing job.
- When a new reservation is booked or an existing reservation is cancelled via the Guesty accommodation portal, automatically create a new ServiceM8 job or cancel the existing one.
- Using a ServiceM8 Form as a trigger, send a customised Fillout web form to a customer to select and authorise additional options for that ServiceM8 job.
These are just a few real-world examples of how businesses rely on WorkM8 Automation SaaS to integrate and automate their ServiceM8 systems.