Integration and Automation
To extend the functionality and versatility of your ServiceM8 platform, you may start considering integrations and automations.
- Integration: connecting two or more systems together
- Automation: getting one or more systems to automatically run tasks without intervention
You can do one or the other, or both together. It depends on what you are trying to achieve.
ServiceM8 already has some integrations and automations built right into it. Sending a job to be invoiced to an accounting platform, like Xero, is an integration. Sending a booking reminder SMS to a customer is an automation.
But what happens if the integration or automation you want is not available?
WorkM8 Automation SaaS
We help businesses with integrations and automations that aren’t readily available in ServiceM8.
We call this our WorkM8 Automation SaaS (Software-as-a-Service).
Using Zapier, we have developed our own advanced Zapier integration specifically for ServiceM8, and with it we build customised integrations and automations for many businesses, such as
- Convert a ServiceM8 job into a ClickUp project, and keep the project and ServiceM8 job linked together for updates.
- Automatically ingest a weekly or monthly CSV file into Airtable then create new ServiceM8 jobs.
- Whenever somebody makes (or changes) an appointment in Calendy, create and assign a new ServiceM8 job and booking time, or update the booking time for the existing job.
- Notify a supervisor by SMS whenever a ServiceM8 job as been changed to ‘Unsuccessful’.
- From a ServiceM8 Quote job, send a request to a customer to complete and sign a new service agreement using JotForm. Once the JotForm has been signed, convert the ServiceM8 job to a Work Order, put it into the ‘Accepted’ queue, notify the manager, update the job with comments and apply a badge to both the job and client card.
These are just a few real-world examples of how businesses rely on WorkM8 Automation SaaS to integrate and automate their ServiceM8 systems.